Manav Malik, DMD (Dr. M&M)
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
A native of Sarasota, Dr. Malik ("Dr. M&M" as children call him) is proud to bring his talent and expertise in treating children back to his hometown. Dr. Malik comes from a family of dentists, his father has been a Dentist in Sarasota for 30 years and his sister is an Orthodontist.
Dr. Malik attended Temple Emanuel, Julie Rohr Academy, and Pine View School before embarking on his dream to become a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist. He received a Bachelors in Biology from the University of Miami. In his freshman year of college, while volunteering at Miami Children's Hospital as in-house DJ for Radio Lollipop, Dr. Malik realized that his passion involved working with children of all ages and backgrounds. He then left for Gator Country to attend dental school at the University of Florida College of Dentistry, where he graduated with highest honors--in the top 5% of his class--and received the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry's Outstanding Student Award.
After dental school, Dr. Malik completed his pediatric dental residency at one of the nation's top programs--the Baylor College of Dentistry in association with Children's Medical Center of Dallas and Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. Dr. Malik then went beyond residency to complete his board certification in pediatric dentistry and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Having worked in private practice for a few years, Dr. Malik decided to move back to Sarasota and open up a one-of-a-kind pediatric dental practice in his hometown.
Dr. Malik is fluent in Spanish and English. He has lectured nationally and internationally on various topics in pediatric dentistry and has led pediatric dental mission trips to help educate parents and children around the world. He enjoys teaching and is excited to now have the opportunity to give back to the community in which he was raised.
Dr. Malik and his wife were recently blessed with the birth of their baby boy. In his free time, Dr. Malik enjoys taking care of his son, traveling, photography, cooking, playing sports, practicing yoga, and spending time with family and friends.
Informed parents are realizing the advantages of their children receiving care from Pediatric Dental Specialists with Board-Certification. Find out if your dentist is Certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry at http://abpd.org/Diplomate-Roster.aspx
HONORS & AWARDS:
- Sarasota Keys Rotary Club: Outstanding Young Citizen in the Community
- Thomas P. Hinman Scholar
- International College of Dentists Student Leadership Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Outstanding Student Award
- American Association of Public Health Community Dentistry Award
- American Dental Association Certificate of Recognition for International
- A. Lewis Leo Outstanding Student Award in recognition of leadership achievements, outstanding professionalism, and ethical behavior at the University of Florida College of Dentistry
- Project Yucatan
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters Inc.
- Miami Childrens' Hospital
- Project Christmas Smile
|Dr. Malik speaking to fellow pediatric dentists at the Annual Southwestern Society of Pediatric Dentistry|
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Florida Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Sarasota County Dental Association
- Paul P. Taylor Association of Pediatric Dentists
- Florida Dental Association
- West Coast District Dental Association
- American Dental Association
of Pediatric Dentistry
American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
American Dental Association
941-953-2111 • 3103 Fruitville Rd. Sarasota, FL 34237
Sarasota Florida Pediatric Dentist